Le 12/04/2016 04:09, Richard Heck a écrit :
I propose to create a 2.3.staging branch so development can proceed. We
did this with this 2.1 cycle. Alternatively, we could create a
2.2.0.fixes branch, from which 2.2.0 will be tagged, and you can have
full control over that.

Why don't we branch 2.2.x right now and resume working on master? Do you think that the amount of work until 2.2.0 is so large that this would entail work duplication?

Personally, part of my 2.3 work is already in a pair of branches (features/trivial and features/betterpaint) and I do not see the benefit of merging them in a temporary branch.

I would like also to see a strategy for 2.2.1. Do we reserve this milestone for urgent fixes and keep 2.2.2 for more mundane backports? Or do we treat it just like any other stable release.

Finally, there are a few fixes that will not be in 2.2.0 that I would like to backport for 2.1.5. Is this possible? A typical example is
  http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10048