On 04/12/2016 03:09 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 12/04/16 20:19, Pavel Sanda a �crit :
Scott Kostyshak wrote:
It is your call, anyway.

It or something similar seems like a good idea to me. I just want to
make sure I understand the details.

One detail you should also understand is that people will pay less
attention to you once master is free :)

My assumption is that the effort to get 2.2.0 out now is comparable to the normal stable branch handling. But I may be wrong.

This seems right to me, but it is Scott's call, as you said. I doubt it matters in practice whether we branch 2.2.x or introduce a staging branch.

I have not seen that being all blocked on master made bug resolution frantic.

I suspect bugs that arise for 2.2.0 now will be reported to one of the list, and we'll deal with them the way we dealt with the Flex regression.

Richard