Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> I would like also to see a strategy for 2.2.1. Do we reserve this
> milestone for urgent fixes and keep 2.2.2 for more mundane backports? Or
> do we treat it just like any other stable release.

I would recommend to reserve it for urgent fixes. I have made very good
experiences with such a strategy. A x.y.0 release is always more buggy than
the stable release that it replaces, so as a user I want to get the same
amount of stability back as soon as possible. As a developer I expect that
urgent issues will appear after a few days or weeks, since many users wait
for the final release and don't participate in beta testing.

Allowing only important fixes for x.y.1 helps to get back the desired
stability as quickly as possible. Once it is there, we can riak a little bit
more.

Georg