Kornel Benko wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 7. April 2016 um 17:02:42, schrieb Richard Heck
> <rgh...@lyx.org>
>>
>> Maybe a simple solution would be to add something into CMakeLists.txt
>> that would strip all the "\r" before sending the files through gettext.
>
> Maybe, see my other mail. But I prefer the solution with help of git.

The git solution would fix the line ends of the final .po files, but not the
stray \r characters in the middle of lines (which were originally line ends
of temporary .pot files).

IMHO we need both: git to ensure that the .po files always have unix line
endings, and a change in the .pot file creation that ensures that remerging
the .po files does not add \r characters in the middle of the lines.

Georg