On 04/18/2016 05:19 PM, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:

> Op 16 apr. 2016 21:50 schreef "Richard Heck" <rgh...@lyx.org
> <mailto:rgh...@lyx.org>>:
> >

> > As Scott pointed out, my previous suggestions for how fixes committed to
> > the staging branches should be handled in trac was silly. We can't reuse
> > "fixedinmaster" for 2.3-staging. I'm also not sure that we want to
> > introduce a new status "fixedinstaging" for such a short time.
> >

> First of all, 2.3-staging should be master, and current master should
> be 2.2.x. (see another thread)

Yes, I know this is your view, and some people share it, but it's not
what we decided to do. Perhaps we should decide to do it next time. I
may well, for myself, decide to do something similar with 2.2.x, but I
need to think about it.

> Besides that, what is wrong with a keyword fixedinmaster and a
> milestone 2.3 for things in 2.3-staging ? It looks perfectly fine to
> me: the bug will be fixed in 2.3, but is not fixed for 2.2.x.

Something like this would work, I'm sure, but more keywords seem to sow
more confusion.

Richard