On 20/04/16 22:03, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 20/04/2016 11:55, bruce muirhead a écrit :
Attached is the beginning of a paper which I am currently drafting, and
the bib file. This is the file with which I first tested 2.2.0rc1.

I use Jabref, so have attached the Jabref created bibliography file.

Needless to say, my latex is texlive.

I cannot reproduce here (ubuntu 15.10). I am not sure how to approach
the problem, to be frank.

JMarc

That neither you nor Jean-Pierre could replicate the problem led me to think laterally (or something like that).

Clearly the problem had to be my particular debian setup.

My first port of call was to change the window manager I have been using, from xfce running on openbox to xfwm4.

This completely removed the problem, and all is now working as it should, although I am at a loss in terms of knowing why openbox should be a problem---it has until very recently been my desktop of choice. (Obviously, some modification in the openbox version I use.)

I have, apparently, been wasting your time, but all I can say is thank you---without confirmation that the file worked, I would not have found what was causing my problem.

Cheers

Bruce