On 04.07.2016 16:16, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 04/07/2016 à 15:38, racoon a écrit :
Thanks. Still I am wondering a bit why anything special at all is
necessary.

Well, I am glad I do not have dangling list items like Word gladly creates.

Thanks. Not sure what you mean exactly by "dangling list items". Is the worry that there could be a list item, say from a description, that are easily overlooked? I guess list items and indentations are more visible in LyX than in word. But still I see the point somewhat.

And I do not feel that the result obtained with LaTeX with a empty list
is very understandable typography. The hassle of adding a dummy element
is less than the risk of having an unintended result IMO.

Yes, the example I gave isn't very practical. But then consider

\begin{quote}
\begin{enumerate}
\item Enumerated stuff
\end{enumerate}
\end{quote}

That seems to be very understandable typography.

Daniel