On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 03:48:27PM +0100, Bernd Harmsen wrote:

> Moin Jules,
>
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 01:56:21PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> > > And what about packaging both 1.1.5fix2 and 1.1.6fix2?
>
> > I could do that, in a sense.  It is not normally done to release a
> > distribution of debian with two versions of a package in (although it
> > is, for example, for emacs). What I might do for now is leave
> > one version in the current 'unstable' debian, and keep the other on my
> > web page for people to download.
>
> Personally I prefer to have only one version of lyx in a debian
> release. And the version in the stable debian release should be stable.

I agree.

> But, if lyx 1.1.5fix2 is stable, what is the problem that it not moves
> into the testing release of debian?

That's unrelated.  It's to do with 'testing' being consistent across
all architectures. That will be fixed (eventually) by the next upload
I make, whichever version I decide to upload.

> Can you post the URL of your homepage, please?

If/when I put a lyx version there, I will post the URL here, as well
as to debian-user and debian-devel.

Jules