Le 07/07/2016 08:53, G. Milde a écrit :

----- Ursprüngliche Mitteilung -----
#10199: Non-encodable characters with XeTeX
   Reporter:  andnot      |      Owner:  lasgouttes
       Type:  defect      |      Status:  fixedinmaster

Comment (by gadmm):

   As far as I understand it makes sense for 2.2.1 and is even very
   desirable. Only Günter can say whether it is safe. I imagine this requires
   some tests and maybe adjustments of supplied templates and examples.

The patch making this bug "fixedinmaster" is "minimal invasive" and should be
save.
I recommend backporting to get back the desired behaviour (keep utf8x encoding
with Xetex+TeX fonts as power-user option) also for the 2.2 series. (As this is
what we had in 2.1.x, too).

I can do that. Can somebody tell me (again?) which command line will run
the appropriate test?

I dont suspect any changes required but running the complete test suite before
is recommended.

(I am on holiday, offline, for two more weeks)

Have fun.