On 09.07.2016 13:48, Guillaume Munch wrote:
Le 08/07/2016 15:10, racoon a écrit :
On 08.07.2016 08:17, racoon wrote:
On 07.07.2016 14:41, racoon wrote:
Can someone give me a hint where LyX stores the individual toolbars'
properties, i.e. position and visibility.

Okay, got it (via QSettings). I was just a bit confused because the
visibility is also (somewhat) stored in the preferences file.

Okay, so here are my first thoughts on a toolbars position lock menu
entry. I know this is not an essential feature but I thought I could use
it to learn something about the LyX code without a deadline :). But
since it is non-essential don't worry if no one has time to help me with
this. Also I am not sure how much time I can invest in this in the
future. That might be another thought whether it is worth your time or
not.

Anyway, I am a beginner (both in C++ and Qt) and maybe someone can point
out my mistakes to me. Furthermore, I can't compile the source, so it's
all just on paper
(http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel%40lists.lyx.org/msg195015.html).

Hi Daniel,

We can help you, but I would advise that you fix your compilation issues
first and that you send code in the patch format (e.g. git diff or git
format-patch). I do not think that any of us can do much with
approximate code that has does not compile.

Hi Guillaume,

Well, I was hoping it does compile. ;)

But I see that normally it will not - especially given my abilities. Okay, I'll try to take care of the compilation first and then learn how to use git properly. I guess in the (Windows?) git GUI the latter is just

1. fix the code directly in the directory where it was downloaded from git, and

2. copy the stuff in the upper right text box (with yellow bar) which is the "diff".

Daniel