On 22 Feb 2001, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | I re-tried purify, but it seems it does not work here anymore. I
> | though I'd find a way to get a list of allocated blocks...
> |
> | Assuming this comes from LyXText, what are the places where such
> | structures can be kept, besides TextCache?
>
> Note that on a 400 cell tabular we leak ~300 bytes on each
> "scan/iteratation" over it with the cursor.
>
> I don't think this can be textcache.
>
>         Lgb

I had some fun last week ripping out the Boehm collector from Mozilla and
running it on LyX in FIND_LEAK mode. However it didn't seem to be working
too well because it said that fl_set_button() was leaking on each collection ...

I wonder how long it will be until a Purify-alike hits linux :(

john

--
On Year 2000 compliance :
"Unfortunately, it is not possible to gather similar