Am Freitag, den 23.09.2016, 16:50 +0200 schrieb Michael Berger:
>   in ~/,lyx/layouts I have not a single module but the file
> 'lyxmodules-lst' which declares modules and their associated
> definition
> files.

Hm, this file should actually be in ~./lyx, not ~/.lyx/layouts/

> In my system 'fixme.sty' is found here:
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/fixme/fixme.sty
> and the other modules likewise.

These are LaTeX packages, not LyX modules.

> Lyx 2.1.3; Mageia5 up to date;

Aha, this is the relevant information! This is quite an old version of
LyX. This does not include the fixme module yet, so you must have it
stored somewhere. Search for the file fixme.module

I bet you have an outdated, buggy version.

Replace it with this one:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/8868/fixme.module

Jürgen