On 22.10.2016 16:31, Joel Kulesza wrote:
On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 8:19 AM, racoon <xraco...@gmx.de
<mailto:xraco...@gmx.de>> wrote:

        One question: would it be helpful if one could choose copy,
        paste, delete, etc. from the inset button's context menu?

I don't see how this could hurt.  My workflow now is usually to position
the cursor in front of the element I want, shift, right arrow, and
hotkey cut/copy. It works reasonably well for me.

See attached for a couple screenshots of regions where this comes into
play.  To me, it seems narrow already (note that on a non 4K/5K monitor,
this will likely look huge; however scale until the font is 11pt and
you'll see the narrowness).  The screenshot where the cursor is within
the frontmatter inset before the ERT is part of where my concern lies in
the figure->subfigures case (and especially if TikZ is being used for
the subfigures).  At that point, there are lots of nested boxes to
navigate around.

Thanks. Yes, the idea is actually to have different offsets for outer and inner spaces. So spaces within insets, like where the cursor is in your second screen shot will not disappear. Right now the spaces are set to a fixed amount of pixel which leads to a dilemma: either it is hard to distinguish from a space on low res screens or it is too small on high res screens. We'll see, maybe this can be resolved by having scalable spaces. JMarc already paved the way a bit.

Daniel