On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 09:31:33AM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Montag, 27. Februar 2017 um 18:28:28, schrieb Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org>
> > Christian Ridderström wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This is a CI job I'm working on that's intended to run automated tests:
> > >
> > >    https://ci.inria.fr/lyx/job/testing-Jenkins/job/ctest/
> >
> > How often do you intend to run those?
> > While compile errs tend to get fixed quickly I see quite longer
> > fixing time for automated test (sometimes stuff needs to be discussed etc),
> > so we don't want to shout at mailling list every day about it.

Do you really think 1 email a day would be a bother? For me it would
not, but I understand that this is subjective.

> In contrary, it will show us pretty soon if a commit broke anything.

+1

I think the important thing is to note that the tests are only valid for
an up-to-date TL system. If the texlive packages are used from the
Ubuntu repos and no update is done, then I am sure there would be
failures. A tlmgr update needs to be run, e.g. every week. In fact,
every week or so I would recommend:

1. run the ctests
2. update with tlmgr
3. run the ctests again

That way we could see exactly which tests fail due to the tlmgr update.

Scott