On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 11:03:40AM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 07/03/2017 à 06:08, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> > For the first patch, I changed the write() routine to add quotes around
> > the branch name. Otherwise, read() gets confused. But should I instead
> > have changed the read routine()?
>
> Lexer::quoteString does what you need. And actually you could just use Lexer
> to read the arguments too (remember to pass 'true' to Lexer::next). That
> would take care of all the uninteresting details.

That works well.

> > I'm not sure the second patch is correct. The branch name won't work
> > with a backslash at the end. I don't know how to fix this, because we
> > don't store how many arguments there are. Ideally, we would have an
> > argument class, right?
>
> You need to escape backslash too.

Ah, of course.

> Question, why don't you += to append stuff to a string?

I just forget. I will do this for the next patch.

I have a patch and it seems to work well. I want to clean it up before
posting. I will post it again for review because even though it seems to
work well, I wonder if there is a cleaner way of doing it. I will post
a cleaned up version in a couple of days.

Thanks,

Scott