On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 02:48:14PM +0200, Stephan Witt wrote:
> Am 27.08.2017 um 14:35 schrieb Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net>:
> >
> > Thank you for your ideas… your hint regarding the change for #9778 was
> > useful too. I’m not 100% sure how it works now.

Before the fix for #9778, no converter was taken into account if the SVG
format could be handled directly by Qt. After the fix, a converter for SVG
is instead used even if it would not be necessary. So, SVG is directly
handled by Qt only when no other converter is found.

> > I tried to make your proposal working and it looks not bad. ATM, I see the
> > following open tasks:
> > 1. It converts SVG but not SVGZ - should be possible to improve
> > 2. It should be a console application like tex2lyx
> > 3. If bundled with LyX it should considered as a fallback only
> >
> > I can take care for 2 and 3. For 1 a hint or a solution would be fine.
>
> Sorry, the problem 1 was my fault. The SVGZ file was not there as I tried
> it to convert. If I type the proper file name it works. :-|

Fine. I would have been surprised if it didn't work.

> So, 2 and 3 are open tasks.

I think that it suffices using a QCoreApplication instead of QApplication.
It was a 5 mins hack and I didn't pay too much attention to details.

--
Enrico