On 23.08.2017 12:47, Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:

If a MacOS user has not inskscape nor librsvg installed

I don't know macOS but the correct solution should be to check what SVG image conversion program is available on the computer and set ths automatically to the LyX preferences when LyX is installed. If nothing is installed, install the libraries together with LyX. This is how I do it with the installer for Windows. (If Inkscape is installed, it will be used for LyX, if not, LyX will use the ImageMagick and GhostScript files I install them with LyX.)

Please do not remove mages, this is in my opinion not the right way. The right way should always be to set up a fully functional LyX during the installation and not to that e.g. Windows users don't have images in the doc files because of special issues on macOS.

regards Uwe

(I am still most of the time off the next 2 weeks)