Le 03/05/2018 à 04:53, Richard Kimberly Heck a écrit :
JMarc's changes to the painting routines seem to have made it very easy
now to implement an oft-requested feature: to be able to hide changes in
the LyX display. The attached patch does this. There is at least one
bug: If an entire paragraph is deleted, it shows as an empty line. I'm
not sure how to fix that.

The patch is very interesting (I did not try it). Some remarks:
* I do not think we want a mode where changes are completely invisible. At the very least, the change bars should be kept.

* what happens with cursor movement across deleted parts? This looks tough to solve properly. The situation would be much easier with a Changes inset, but we are not ready for that yet.

* another approach similar to this would be to keep insertions and replace deletions with a small red rectangle. The content could be shown in a tooltip on hovering.