On 05/10/2018 07:39 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 03/05/2018 à 04:53, Richard Kimberly Heck a écrit :
>> JMarc's changes to the painting routines seem to have made it very easy
>> now to implement an oft-requested feature: to be able to hide changes in
>> the LyX display. The attached patch does this. There is at least one
>> bug: If an entire paragraph is deleted, it shows as an empty line. I'm
>> not sure how to fix that.
>
> The patch is very interesting (I did not try it).

I've updaed it recently, so I'm not sure which version you saw. But thanks.

> Some remarks:
> * I do not think we want a mode where changes are completely
> invisible. At the very least, the change bars should be kept.

Easy enough to do.

> * what happens with cursor movement across deleted parts? This looks
> tough to solve properly. The situation would be much easier with a
> Changes inset, but we are not ready for that yet.

I was about to write you about that. This is the remaining problem. By
default, the cursor 'sees' the deleted material, so moving right (say)
sometimes does nothing. I think what is needed is a routine somewhere
that puts the cursor at the end or beginning of deleted material.

> * another approach similar to this would be to keep insertions and
> replace deletions with a small red rectangle. The content could be
> shown in a tooltip on hovering.

I'll think about that.

Riki