Am Mittwoch, den 16.05.2018, 18:54 +0200 schrieb Pavel Sanda:
> Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 16.05.2018, 10:09 -0400 schrieb Richard Kimberly
> > Heck:
> > > The issue is that the basic MiKTeX install gives one very little.
> > > Not
> > > enough even to compile the Introduction, largely due to font
> > > metric
> > > files.

> > TeXLive provides a variety of "schemes":
> > https://tug.org/texlive/doc/texlive-en/texlive-en.html#x1-250003.2.
> > 2
>
> I looked at the page, but it was not clear to me if the "scheme" is
> configurable by us, ie. launching installer with preselected
> lyx-friendly scheme is possible. What seems related is the "profile"
> commandline switch.

Yes, --profile allows us to let TL install a scheme we have customized
in a texlive.profile file.

However, I wonder why we need to treat Windows users like children and
not let them select themselves which scheme to install (we can still
recommend them to install at least "medium" if they want our docs to be
compilable.

Jürgen