Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> Another possibility is to abandon the bundle installer and tell people
> they need to install a TeX distribution (and here are some links....)
> before installing LyX.

Maybe the best option initially is it to keep it as simple as possible. I am
not sure how much rewarding is it for you in the long term to care about
possible issues with LaTeX distribution.

If someone else joins the party, he can start doing it later (though somewhat
ironically your attempt to make the installers on your own prevents folks like
that to appear. I think ppl usually needs some itch to start new enterprise and
when some sort of installer is already available, well... ;)

What could help is some wiki page clearly explaining steps how to create
the current installer, so the initial learning curve is easy and potential
contributor does not need to reinvent the wheel like you did now.

Pavel