On 08/07/2018 08:33, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> <BITCH_SESSION>
> It took forever to debug that: Add some debugging code; build the
> installer; install
> LyX, choosing some non-default dictionaries and thesauri; watch it fail;
> uninstall LyX;
> change the code; and start over. Why people put up with such a horrid OS
> I do not
> know.
> </BITCH_SESSION>

I can see your suffering and feel like I have to defend my usage of Windows. I guess the OS is quite nice for the user which makes it worthwhile for the developer. :)

I tried Linux a while ago but didn't like how much effort I had to put into to get drivers to work properly. It became probably better in that respect. Now, I am using a touch panel and pen input which seems not to work very well specially software wise on Linux. As evidence you can see on youtube how people proudly present only the most basic pen input on linux.

Anyway, thanks for making it possible for me to keep using LyX on Windows!

Daniel