Le 11/09/2019 à 21:56, Daniel a écrit :
On 11/9/19 15:47, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 06/09/2019 à 18:09, Daniel a écrit :
The 'surrounding layout' problem is actually more general. Suppose you
have a section, with header and associated text. Select the whole thing
and make it a branch. It will not do what you want. We really do need to
change the 'outside' layout in this case. (I think there might be a bug
about this, and I have done some work on the problem.)

I never used branches. So maybe that is why I never came across the
problem and cannot evaluate the benefits over the costs correctly.

Replace branch with Note or Box and the issue is the same.

I don't see what is the difference to the example I originally posted. Just from the description you give it seems the same and I still don't see why the 'sourrounding layout' is necessarily the problem.

I suspect we are not talking about the same thing. With 2.3, if you typeset your example, you will get a bold "1" alone on the page. This is an empty section. IN master, you will get an empty document. Which is the one that makes sense to you?

Now that the real issue is fixed (hopefully correctly), you can change the Note font as you want, AFAIAC.

Doesn't ring a bell. I guess I could better understand what you mean if I could test the patch.

Currently, the note inset inherits on screen the font of the enclosing text (here a section layout). It is possible to change that so that, in a Section heading with large and bold characters, the note uses default font.