On 2/18/20 5:08 AM, Yu Jin wrote:

> Am Sa., 15. Feb. 2020 um 18:38 Uhr schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck
> <rikih...@lyx.org <mailto:rikih...@lyx.org>>:
>
>     FYI, I updated ImageMagick in the most recent installers. I
>     haven't uploaded the new stuff yet to the dependencies file online.
>
> I see, I have also looked into the files of the dependencies folder,
> where to find them, in case I wanted to update them, just to
> understand what is actually in that installer. I have found the other
> tools, like netpbm, DTL and rsvg-convert. I could also update those,
> what do you think? Is it worth doing?

It is probably worth our keeping these updated, though of course we also
would want some testing with the new versions before releasing with
them. I've been meaning for a while to provide 'testing' installers for
Windows, say every month or so, but just haven't had time. There are
enough sophisticated Windows users who follow the lists that we'd
presumably get some feedback, and maybe avoid problems like the ones
that led to 2.3.4.x.

If you do update these other tools, please send me a zip of the
dependencies package, so I can use it as well. (It'll be best to put
that somewhere on the web I can download it, if possible, as it would
make for a BIG mail attachment.)

Riki