Hi Thibaut and others,

I am mostly done with merging Docbook to master.

There are several TODOs I see now:

- Add entries into various sections of RELEASE-NOTES, these should contain:
  - New output target for Docbook 5
  - Files gone (examples/layouts)
  - Warning that ppl. using archaic Docbook 4 document need to manually convert
them, because layouts are gone
  - External deps. changed  - we do not use sgmltools anymore, distribution
packagers can drop these

- Add promo section about Docbbok 5 to https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX24,
explaining whats new compared to outdated D4 sgml backend (somewhere to the
top, this is a major thing).

- If some other dev could at least quickly look through commit 3883b85f49054 ,
that would be appreciated, it's too long for one eyes only

- As with any new feature there are likely some hidden issues and we would
benefit from docbook users feedback and I'm not sure how to proceed.
  We could ask on users lists for the feedback (and perhaps persuade JMarc to
release 2.4alpha1, which would be just quick technical preview
  with zero quality ensurance and sole purpose of testing docbook - so
interested users do not need to compile?)
  Maybe you have better idea though.

- Two already known issues - fix documentation and tests, please see other
mails...

Apart from these, really good work Thibaut...

Pavel