First, let me add my congratulations to that of others. This really is
very nice work.

One thing that might be attractive to people is the possibility of using
DocBook 5 export possibly plus some XSLT or something of the sort to
produce ebooks. This has been much discussed on the user list. You might
see if Steve Litt is interested in this, in particular.

On 7/8/20 3:24 PM, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 at 15:01, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org
> <mailto:sa...@lyx.org>> wrote:
>
>     There are several TODOs I see now:

There are some TODO files in the tree. (JMarc, do you have one with some
other name?) You could think of adding one. (We might also organize
these a bit better.)

> I'm adding a few other points (including a future roadmap):
> - Rewrite https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/DocBook
> - Default output format (for the sake of completeness)

This is probably trivial. Look at how the LyXHTML format is handled in
lib/configure.py.

> - (For later:) add support for CALS tables (add a document-wise parameter)
> - (For much later): import DocBook documents — I'm not sure you can
> count on me for this…

That would be very much later! We can't do that now for anything but LaTeX.

>     - If some other dev could at least quickly look through commit
>     3883b85f49054 , that would be appreciated, it's too long for one
>     eyes only
>     Apart from these, really good work Thibaut...
>

> By the way, Guillaume already had a look at it before submission on
> the list :).

I had a look, though quickly as I was looking for whitespace issues. The
proof here will definitely be in use. It would be great if we could get
some testing. The XHTML code has some known issues. Hopefully, some of
these will have been fixed in the translation, but some of them will
probably linger. It is really, really hard to get the tag nesting right
all the time.

>     - As with any new feature there are likely some hidden issues and
>     we would benefit from docbook users feedback and I'm not sure how
>     to proceed.
>       We could ask on users lists for the feedback (and perhaps
>     persuade JMarc to release 2.4alpha1, which would be just quick
>     technical preview with zero quality ensurance and sole purpose of
>     testing docbook - so interested users do not need to compile?)

We have done some 'monthly' releases of this type. I'd be happy to
produce one, if it seems like a good idea.

Riki