On 2020-08-03 07:55, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 02.08.2020, 19:40 +0200 schrieb Daniel:
The people who designed the Qt mac style didn't think much about flat

group boxes. I am quite certain. In particular when they did not have

any guide from Apple how it should be done since Apple does not
support

flat group boxes. Apple is very much about uniformity when it comes

style, I think. And it's not like the Qt people couldn't have better

things to do than take care of a non-default style on mac given the

great amount of unresolved Qt bugs.

The people who design the styles are not necessarily the people who fix
Qt bugs.

I think if flat group boxes are not used on Mac, they should link them
to non-flat ones.

I any case this is an issue in the style and should be fixed there.

That's exactly what I am saying. We should apply a fix to the style!

Or do you mean: Qt should fix the style but not LyX? I think there have been several Qt bugs that LyX has worked around in the past, so I don't see why this one is special. It might take Qt a long time to fix such an, arguably, secondary problem (since the usage of flat groupboxes are uncommon on macOS). It seems like an obvious problem but no one seems to have bothered for now. I think that's due to people not using the flat style group boxes, for example, Scribus does not. IMO, if it is rather easy, we should do something about it in the meanwhile.

Daniel