On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> On 09-Apr-2001 John Levon wrote:
>
> > Since the line is un-necessary, we could "fix" this by not doing it in the Clone()
> > case. But of
> > course that isn't a proper fix (and we have a duty to tell gcc if it's reproducable
> > with current
> > gcc CVS ...)
> >
> > I'm really stuck now at what to do, I have no idea ...
>
> Well we could file a request to "gcc" and tell'em what's going on and if we
> or they do anything wrong, couldn't we? (Well if they will not be busy with
> something else and don't have the time to check this).
>
>       Jürgen

Unfortunately they usually want detailed evidence of mis-compilation. I haven't
been able to identify that. Also, it needs testing with CVS gcc first.

We could try asking the mailing list for help on how to track it down, but we
certainly need to check CVS gcc first ...

I was hoping you were going to tell me I'm an idiot who knows nothing about how
the STL vector works :/

john

--
"'And the people you sell the eggs to at four and a quarter cents apiece make
 a profit of two and three quarter cents apiece when they sell them back to