Juergen> I also had a thought about the memory footprint for
Juergen> insettabular and the only possible solution I came up with to
Juergen> minimize it is to store the data inside a single paragraph as
Juergen> we did before. But do we really want to do this.

What difference does it make? Just that undo currently works at
paragraph-level?

Juergen> IMO it's enough to fix the Undo problem so that an Undo call
Juergen> of the tabular does not save the whole tabular but only the
Juergen> needed insettext paragraph(s).

Yes, or do some kind of ``compression'' of the tabular wrt the
previous version. If the insettexts in the tabular were pointers, one
could set them to NULL to say, "just use the previous version". I do
not know whether this can be done without pointers (in an efficient way).

Juergen> Also we could make a LyXTabular::Undo which saves undo's to
Juergen> the general state of the tabular (if I change parameters
Juergen> inside the tabular) and this could also decide to save insets
Juergen> if needed. But this is far to complicted for now.

Huh?