Hello,

I upgraded to Sun CC 6.0 Update 1 with all the latest patches today. Then I
recompiled the LyX cvs sources (taken from Kayvan's ftp server) with
--with-included-gettext and --with-included-string. I would like to tell you
that with the latest Sun CC and the chosen compile options, things have become
_much_ better. There are just a few problems left which I ask your assistance
for. So there is hope again that I will be able to run Purify before 1.2 is
released.

I managed to find out that the patches given in file "patches.gz" must be
applied. I kindly ask you to have a look at them and, if reasonable, apply them
to the cvs repository.

In addition, there are a few errors which I have not been able to resolve. A
stripped compile log is given in file "errorlog.gz". Allan, want to take a look
at it??? It is not that terrible any more!

Kind regards, Michael

Michael Schmitt                            phone:     +49 451 500 3725
Institute for Telematics                   secretary: +49 451 500 3721
Medical University of Luebeck              fax:       +49 451 500 3722
Ratzeburger Allee 160              eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-23538 Luebeck, Germany           WWW:   http://www.itm.mu-luebeck.de

errorlog.gz

patches.gz