On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Michael Schmitt wrote:

> I upgraded to Sun CC 6.0 Update 1 with all the latest patches today. Then I
> recompiled the LyX cvs sources (taken from Kayvan's ftp server) with
> --with-included-gettext and --with-included-string. I would like to tell you
> that with the latest Sun CC and the chosen compile options, things have become
> _much_ better. There are just a few problems left which I ask your assistance
> for. So there is hope again that I will be able to run Purify before 1.2 is
> released.

Yay, we're getting somewhere then.

> I managed to find out that the patches given in file "patches.gz" must
> be applied. I kindly ask you to have a look at them and, if
> reasonable, apply them to the cvs repository.

I had fixed all the #warning stuff that you mention but there is one new
one snuck in -- somebody who committed just after me didn't read my
ChangeLog message and let one through.  I've just fixed that.

The sigc++ changes to the Marshaling in your patch were part of the
libsigc++ update I committed to lyx_1_1_6 yesterday and to the main trunk
this morning.

The other "fix" in object_slot.h is wrong.  Is HAVE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION
set in your src/config.h?  What about SIGC_CXX_PARTIAL_SPEC in
sigc++/sigc++config.h?   Actually if you just send the chunk of #defines
in the #ifdef LIBSIGC_UNIX section of sigc++/sigc++config.h that'd be
quite helpful.  What error did this change "fix"?

I haven't looked at what the public->private changes in lyxparagraph.h are
for or where the using std::signal is for in lyx_main.C.  A context diff
would be easier to read :-)

> In addition, there are a few errors which I have not been able to
> resolve. A stripped compile log is given in file "errorlog.gz". Allan,
> want to take a look at it??? It is not that terrible any more!

Hmmm... a couple of interesting looking ones there.  One looks it its due
to the "fix" you did in object_slot.h

Allan. (ARRae)