On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 08:54:28AM +0200, Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is also a patch for instant counts at
> https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12422. It works with delayed calculations. I
> have no idea how this does performance wise, but it might be worth checking
> out.

Yes, that's lazy man approach, using timer instead of parallel thread.
The advantage is that you avoid race-conditions (though I think you miss stop()
inside closeEvent()?).
The drawback is that's it's difficult to understand the interaction between
the two timers now. I stared on the code for couple minutes and it was
not clear to me what is the idea behind your stop/start changes.

JMarc's warning about ineeficiency of counting remain unaddressed, though
it migh not be visible because of 300ms update sampling frequency.

Pavel