On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 11:34:25AM +0200, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 05:16:17AM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > I'm on vacation and won't be able to test for a few weeks. Can you do
> > the test I described before? Just select a big document, and then hold
> > Shift + <UP> to decrease the selection towards the beginning of the
> > document. I just counted using a wrist stopwatch and compared
> > with/without the patch.
>
> I did that already and haven't seen noticeable lag. But I might have too
> powerful machine, that's why I ask. Anyway, increasing delay would be
> trivial change later.

That's good enough for me. 0.5 seems fine to me and I imagine it could
even be decreased. If anyone wanted to do extra work, they could try to
figure out how long the delay in Libre Office or Word is.

I was more worried that there was unintended computation being done
outside of the delayed computation so this addresses that as far as I'm
concerned.

> > I did not look, but will this be on by default? Would you object to a
> > way to turn off the stats, like we have a way to turn off the zoom level
> > and slider in the status bar?
>
> Already done. You can disable it in the same way you can disappear zoom
> slider.

Perfect, thanks!

Scott