Op 14-11-2022 om 13:46 schreef Thibaut Cuvelier:
On Mon, 14 Nov 2022, 11:45 Pavel Sanda, <sa...@lyx.org <mailto:sa...@lyx.org>> wrote:

    On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 03:16:05PM -0500, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
     > If no one fixes it in time, shall we postpone 2.4.0

    No, I wouldn't do that.

     > or proceed with 2.4.0 and state that Qt6 is not officially
    supported because of #12215?

    I see three options:
    1) we don't support QT6 and break during ./configure if detected
    2) we allow Qt6 with --enable-stdlib-debug
    3) we allow Qt6 but forcing single thread only.

    I don't have clear winner between these three.

I think that not supporting Qt 6 is the worst option, especially as it may create problems with package managers if they want to switch to Qt 6 for any reason. Requiring a parameter to be set at configure time to allow Qt 6 acknowledging the potential problems would be acceptable, in my opinion.

As maintainer of the openSUSE packages I would like to be able to build with Qt6 when KDE Plasma 6 will be released.

https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_6

Cor