Le 01/04/2023 à 20:57, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Sat, Apr 01, 2023 at 03:09:58PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Would another possibility be to prompt the user? I'm not sure what a friendly
prompt would be though since many LyX users do not know what unicode is. I
could try to work on some user-friendly text if we think a prompt would be
reasonable. A prompt would be my ideal behavior though since I often paste
unicode by mistake. This type of thing hits me from time to time, not with
symbols that are obviously non-ascii like ≠ but more with double-quotes or
things like that that I forget are often non-ascii.

Thanks for your thoughts. Does this quote thing apply to mathed too, or rather text ?

If we do preserve the unicode ≠, I would personally prefer to have some sort of
signal that it is unicode in the LyX display. Actually, that's how I have my
text editor set up (see screenshot).

But what is unicode? Only things over 0xFF?