Le 30/05/2023 à 00:14, Udicoudco a écrit :
So how should I solve problem 1/ ? I see 3 solutions
a/ replace ≠ with a \neq directly in the document at input time; we
might not want to do that in case we eventually use unicode in math too
b/ replace ≠ with a \neq on screen only
c/ keep the ≠ on screen, but use the mathrel math class from \neq so
that we have a good spacing

I would say option b, as unicode-math supports unicode characters inside
math mode. Maybe some users would prefer a latex source that
contains the unicode symbols  and not the corresponding macros.

Thanks for your input, this is the direction I would take if I ever find the time to solve this issue.