On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 01:22:05PM +0200, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

Am Sonntag, dem 22.10.2023 um 12:33 +0200 schrieb Dan:
Just for the record and out of curiosity, what was the problem with
that string? I see you just added a line break HTML element to it,
and suddenly it appears in the POT file. Has something to do with QT
or with Gettext?

Will appreciate a brief explanation, danke.

For reasons I have not explored, messages with line breaks (\n) do not
make it into the po files. It might be our own scripts's fault, I don't
know.

Instead of "<br>" you can also use the entity "&#x0a;". The difference is that this is directly replaced by lyx_pot.py to "\n" so that Qt will not use the html parser simply for introducing a newline char.

--
Enrico