On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Zvezdan Petkovic wrote:

> > Juergen> Me too, but maybe our glasses make us to be superior...
> >
> > I do not wear glasses, I liked the background too. Maybe developpers
> > meetings make us superior :)
> >
> > JMarc
>
> If most of you like it, it shouldn't be difficult to fix lyx.css. Very
> small change. And now, when we do not have tables any more, it shouldn't
> create the "black parts problem in Netscape" as it did before. That was
> the benefit of switching to <div>s.

Zvezdan, I tried setting up two classes (one called lars and other called
allan) for the body.  But it seems that body either doesn't like class=""
parameters or there is something else going on.

If I remove the body definition of lyx.css only leaving lars and allan
then set <body class="lars"> or <body class="allan"> then I get no
background of any sort set -- neither colour nor background image :(

If I leave the body definition in lyx.css then only that takes effect.
Maybe we need two css files and switch between the two instead?

I should have looked at the DTD but I didn't have time last night and I
I'll be busy till later today.  Any suggestions?  I have a flag setup so
the user can do ?lars=1 to get the background (or at least that is the
plan).

As usual see it here:
        http://www.devel.lyx.org/~rae/www-user/

Allan. (ARRae)