Hi Even,

it seems like the new graphics inset has become default today.

Two comments on how to improve it:

1. I use to export my latex documents to pdf. But for intermediate
   results I prefer to have a short look at the dvi output.

   My current approach is to store my figures both in
   eps and pdf format. In LyX, I only specify the base filename
   (no extension). Depending on whether I export to dvi or
   pdf, LaTeX/LyX chooses the correct version.

   Unfortunately, this does not work anymore.

   Could you please provide a feature that treat figures
   in a way that I can export to pdf _and_ ps? Maybe it is better
   to provide a converter instead of stripping the file extension.
   What do you think?

2. On one of my machines there is no converter from eps to xpm.
   Unfortunately, LyX tells me about this fact each and every time it
   reads a figure (i.e. 50 times). Please let LyX output this message only
   for the first figure.

Optional wish :

3. Feature request: Is is possible to scale a figure by a certain
   percentage? Imagine the case where you have two figure of different
   size. Then it might make sense to shrink both by the same factor.

Michael

Michael Schmitt                            phone:     +49 451 500 3725
Institute for Telematics                   secretary: +49 451 500 3721
Medical University of Luebeck              fax:       +49 451 500 3722
Ratzeburger Allee 160              eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-23538 Luebeck, Germany           WWW:   http://www.itm.mu-luebeck.de