* Kayvan A. Sylvan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010729 08:46]:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 03:52:33AM +0100, John Levon wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 11:10:56PM -0300, Garst R. Reese wrote:
> >
> > > I had a document with lots of .epsi files generated with ps2epsi or
> > > files in .eps format with other suffixes from eagle. Suddenly lyx is
> > > telling me that I am missing converters epsi to xpm, cmp to xpm, sol to
> > > xpm, drd to xpm, plc to xpm, pls to xpm This truly sucks.
> >
> > so if we haven't got a converter by name, we should determine file type
> > by a magic approach instead.
> >
> > Baruch, I suppose you could use ImageMagick identify or something ?
>
> What packages are supposed to be installed for this to work?

If you want an immediate conversion to xpm, than both ImageMagick and
netpbm can do that.

Define a converter for imagemagick is to define a call to:
convert $$i $$o

under netpbm:
pstopnm $$i | pnmtoxpm > $$o

I will however write something to replace converter and that will do the
rest of the stuff images need (rotations and such)

--
Baruch Even
http://baruch.ev-en.org/