Hi LyX Developers,

I have been using LyX for more than 4 years with lots of success and joy.
Thank you for your great work and effort making LyX so nice and beautiful.
I also teach LyX at the University of Szeged, at Bolyai Institute, for
mathematics teachers. I also wrote my thesis and all my mathematics
publications in LyX. :-)

I would like to report 2 small bugs. The first one is a bit annoying,
LyX contains this bug since epoch AFAIK. Consider the following example:

#LyX 1.1 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 2,15
\textclass article
\language default
\inputencoding latin2
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 0
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default

\layout Standard
\added_space_bottom vfill* \line_bottom \align center
foo
\newline
bar
\newline
123
\layout Standard

text
\the_end

Here I can should see the line below the first paragraph but it sometimes
appears on the text. Is it possible that this part of the code doesn't
mind \newline characters?

Second problem. I would like to use \angle in a figure caption but I
get a LaTeX error during generating the DVI file. Is this a LaTeX bug?

[...]

\begin_float fig
\layout Caption

\begin_inset Formula \( \angle  \)
\end_inset

\end_float
\the_end

I'm using 1.1.6 but this output was made by 1.1.4fix3. Both versions produce
both problems.

Regards,

Zolt\'an Kov\'acs
assistant teacher