On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:22:15PM -0400, Garst R. Reese wrote:

> John, I know the issues and problems of accessibility. I'm sure that you
> know that a key component is having everything accessible via
> key-strokes. Richard reminded you of that and you replied the good GUI
> design foremost.

I've just shown you several links that suggest GUIs and accessibility are not
inimiical to each other - why do you persist in saying otherwise ?

> Unlike most users, blind programmers go to the extreme
> of translating docs to braille, and reading them. Richard pointed out
> that LyX has taken a step backward in accessibility.

Richard is not talking about accessibility. He is talking about keyboard interaction,
and that is an xforms bug.

> Is it
> really that hard to allow users to enter -12bp and let that override the
> cute GUI cm?

no, but it is stupid. Like Lars has already pointed out, such users should be
using the minibuffer. The fact that minibuffer support is not complete is a
lyxfunc bug. Either way it has nothing to do with the new GUI changes.

Read "Explorable interfaces" and "Learnability" here :
http://www.asktog.com/basics/firstPrinciples.html

regards
john

--
"Take the ideas you find useful. Try not to get hung up on the labels."
        - Jonathan S. Shapiro