On Wednesday 12 December 2001 2:42 pm, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 09:20:56AM +0000, John Levon wrote:
> > nah, it should be tab navigatable like modern toolkits. even better
> > would have up/down in the text entry switch units.
>
> Just for the record: How difficult would it be to switch over to some other
> toolkit _right now_?
>
> I am not proposing to do such a thing or even to discuss it, I'd just
> like to get some idea of the amount of work involved.
>
> Andre'

Pretty well all the dialogs have been ported behind the frontends firewall.

Of these, most have undergone the controller/view split meaning that it's
easy to port that dialog to another GUI. The ones that still need this split
are the document, maths panel, paragraph, preferences and tabular dialogs. I
think we decided that the maths panel should really become a toolbar. I have
some code in my tree that started that off.

The dialogs that haven't been taken out of the LyX core are the Sendto dialog
(custom export) because only Jürgen seems to want it and the figure form for
the old figinset.

One or two little bits of cruft remain in lyx_gui_misc.C

The menu (and toolbar?) code was ported to Qt2 but Kalle complained that that
was a horrible process. It needs cleaning up and probably MVC-ing. I started
off down this route at some point and could resurrect it fairly quickly.

The minibuffer, work-area and the main window all need some work but probably
not much.

I don't think that anyone's really put much thought into porting the
lyxserver.

So, to answer your question, it wouldn't be very difficult to hack it over
and I don't think it's going to be that hard to do it right either.

Angus

grep -n FORMS_H_LOCATION *.[Ch] */*.[Ch]
LyXSendto.C:3:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
WorkArea.h:23:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
XFormsView.h:20:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
config.h:110:#define FORMS_H_LOCATION <forms.h>
figureForm.C:18:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
figure_form.C:9:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
lyx_gui.C:20:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
lyx_gui_misc.C:17:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
lyx_gui_misc.h:21:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
lyxserver.C:44:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
minibuffer.h:8:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
print_form.C:9:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
insets/figinset.C:42:#include FORMS_H_LOCATION