On Friday 11 January 2002 1:33 pm, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 01:24:11PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> > My question is this. Is there an easy way to ascertain the type of the
inset
> > from within write(MathArray const & dat, WriteStream & wi)? I can't see
any
> > enum Code or equivalent in math_inset.h. Perhaps you have another way?

Well, I found the appropriate identifier, but unfortuately you haven't
overloaded!

mathed/math_charinset.h:50:     MathTextCodes code() const { return code_; }
mathed/math_inset.h:213:        virtual MathTextCodes code() const { return
LM_TC_MIN; }
mathed/math_symbolinset.h:52:   MathTextCodes code() const;

> You could call inset->dump(), but that uses WriteStream in turn. Well, try
> to 'normalize', 'octavize' or 'maplize' the inset, they should be slightly
> different.

well there are only 38 inset write methods. I could try this the hard way...

> Do you have a backtrace?

Sure, but it tells me nothing because the write methods are all ok, they just
result in WriteStream::line() returning this huge number. The Export actually
dies thereafter in TeXRow::newline() when I try and append this many items to
a linked list!

A.