> If I make patches to integrate Python directly into Lyx, is there a
> chance that they make it into the official sources? As I can see with my
> current knowledge about the lyx sources and the Python lib, the changes
> to the existing sources will be very little for basic scripting
> functions, it's mainly extra code in extra source files.

I'd like to have the decision on LyX's favourite scripting language first.
Note that I don't know much Python but feel fairly fluent in Tcl. Until
now I have seen no convincing argument that Python is really _better_.
It might well be, but since this decision will stick to LyX for a while
I'd certainly have a decision based on facts first.

Of course you could make a patch to integrate Python and I could try to
make one to integrate with Tcl and we can have a look which one fits
better. This would at least give something to argue about.

Andre'

--