At 15:04 18.02.02 +0100, you wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 03:18:41AM +0100, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> > Is this still up-to-date?
>
>Fairly.
>
> > Or are there plans to do anything using the Lyx-Server? If not, I'd
> glad to
> > implement parts of the
> > the scripting capabilities into Lyx.
> >
> > Furhter, I would propose to use Python as scripting language.
>
>I think the discussion on what will become LyX's favourite scripting
>language is still postponed. But you could certainly start collecting
>a list pro's and con's of python.

Some help might be (from the Python home page, so read it with care):
http://wwwipd.ira.uka.de/~prechelt/Biblio/#jccpprtTR
http://www.networkcomputing.com/unixworld/tutorial/005/005.html#Others
and (less serious)
http://www.python.org/doc/Humor.html#vowels ;)

I like (and prefer) Python because it's a very clean OOP language
and the code is much more readable than Perl code :). Further, it has
a lot of integrated data types