On Friday 12 April 2002 5:23 am, R. Lahaye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have attached a tar file that contains an example lyx-file
> and a graphics file, that hopefully demonstrate the problem.
>
> Please start LyX-CVS from beginning (don't use an already
> running LyX) and open the attached GraphicsTest.lyx, which
> has "figures/MyGraph.jpg" as a graphics-float inset.
>
> All you need to do is: View->DVI, which will generate an error.
>
> See the attached png files for my LyX-canvas and the LaTeX-Error
> window.
> (sorry for all attachments, don't know howelse to show this).
>
> Can you reproduce this error?
> If so, please notice that in the process LyX generates a file
> "figures/MyGraph.eps". This shouldn't happen, should it?
>
> But since we now have that eps file there, please open next
> the graphics dialog and change the filename to the eps file.
> All of a sudden View->DVI works fine!
>
> There is something wrong here with non-(e)ps files.
>
> Am I the only one experiencing this?
>
> Regards,
> Rob.

No, Rob, you aren't the only one experiencing this. It will be fixed before
1.2 comes out. we're currently trying to do it "right" as opposed to hack a
solution.

The hack is to modify insetgraphics.C, so:

string const InsetGraphics::prepareFile(Buffer const *buf) const
{
        //
        // if it's a zipped one, than let LaTeX do the rest!!!
-       string filename_  = params().filename;
+       string filename_  = MakeAbsPath(params().filename, buf->filePath());
        bool const zipped = zippedFile(filename_);

That should at least enable you to do some work.

Regards,
Angus