On Friday 12 April 2002 9:55 am, R. Lahaye wrote:
> Angus Leeming wrote:
> > No, Rob, you aren't the only one experiencing this. It will be fixed
> > before 1.2 comes out. we're currently trying to do it "right" as opposed
> > to hack a solution.
>
> One point of serious concern is that LyX apparently is dumping and
> removing(!!) the corresponding eps files in/from the user's working
> directory, instead of doing these things in the LyX's-tmp directory.
>
> I have been already a few times confused, when corresponding eps-files,
> generated by me manually, all of a sudden were gone when I was using
> their GRACE counterparts in LyX; until I realized that LyX was actually
> deleting them "on the fly". Dangerous!
>
> Well, that's the risk of using CVS :).
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.

Just for my information, what are the current bugs associated with the
graphics inset. I know about:

* LaTeX is unable to find the generated eps file if the original non-eps file
lies in a directory deeper than the document.

* If LyX loads a graphics some_path/graphics.ext, it will place the generated
eps file at some_path/graphics.eps. This will overwrite any eps file of the
same name.

I think Herbert has cured all the other bugs ;-)

Feel free to add to this list.

Angus