On Monday 24 June 2002 11:04 am, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> Can anybody please explain to me in simple words the variable naming in the
> following snippet taken from FormDialog.C?
>
>       void UserCache::add(uid_t ID) const
>       {
>               string pszNewName;
>               [...]
>
> It almost made me spill tea over the keyboard together with some
> yellowish-green liquid fairly similar to the one we've seen in the zoo in
> Maia (although it originated from a tiger there).

At last! Someone else who finds that code foul! I have avoided touching it
for two years because it's so disgusting; in fact it's the only dialog in the
frontends that hasn't become a daughter of FormBase (or FormBaseDeprecated)
for this very reason.

> Apart from that the forms/form_filedialog.h included in line 77 in that
> file does not exist on my machine and is not rebuild after a clean
> checkout. Actually, I do not understand most of the code between lines 50
> and 80 there.
>
> Andre'

All the forms/form_*.[Ch] files are now autogenerated. As such, you'll
probably find them in your build tree, not your src tree.

Angus