On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:26:29AM -0700, Mike Ressler wrote:

> So, I'm in favor of renaming it if a consistent, non-ambiguous solution
> can be found. Keep in mind the fact that if one inserts a
> Insert->Floats->Table, one then needs to insert a Insert->Table into it.
> That's a bit too ambiguous for my taste.
>
> Mike

Just for the record, the ambiguity can also be resolved in the other
direction: by always calling a LaTeX Figure a "Figure Float" and a
LaTeX Table a "Table Float". And yes, then you can insert a Table into a
Table Float, if you feel so disposed.

For me again, the distinction between "Table" and "Tabular" is a bit too
ambiguous. Adding "Float" to the menu name whenever a float is what we
have, is both simple and semantically correct.

My 0.02 Euro (soon to be worth more than US$0.02 :-)

Martin